I’m borrowing Katy’s Five For Friday theme to quickly bring you up to speed on what’s been going on this week.
Life and Training:
1. Softball started on Wednesday. After months of being in hibernation, I finally got to bust out my glove in a friendly match. My batting was so-so. I think I went 1-3 with an RBI. My pitching, however was pretty solid. Through five innings, I only allowed one earned run. We won the game by a solid margin, which was a nice confidence boost heading in to the regular season.
2. As much as I am beyond thrilled that softball season is here, it’s throwing a slight kink in my training schedule. When I had originally made my training plan, softball was slated to be on Thursdays. Our games got bumped to Wednesdays though and I’m still trying to adapt my schedule to make it work. This week of training has been rocky at best as I try to adapt.
3. I’m heading to Philly this weekend to attend a social media conference for work. I’m really looking forward to meeting lots of fun people and learning lots of good stuff, and I think I’ve even managed to figure out a way to squeeze in all my workouts while I’m gone.
4. With only four more weeks until my Olympic tri in Philly, I’m getting nervous about how much I’m having to adapt my training plan to fit around other things going on in my life. It absolutely kills me that I will not be able to get a bike ride or swim in this weekend because of my conference. I need all the time in the saddle that I can get, and I’m freaking out a little bit that I’m loosing a weekend to ride.
5. Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner, which means lots of outdoor pools in the area will be opening. I think it would be fun to hit up some of them for some of my swim workouts. It’d be a nice change of pace to swim outside in the sun rather than in a stuffy indoor pool. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for opportunities to get in as many swims as possible in outside pools.
That’s all I’ve got for today! Happy Friday!