I mentioned in Friday’s post that a good friend of mine was moving across the country, and I was pretty bummed out about it. Well that good friend also happens to be my running buddy.
Since he’s lived in DC, we had fallen into a nice pattern of running about once a week or once every other week together, usually on Tuesday nights.
So last night, it felt a little weird not to be Metroing over to his part of town after work for our weekly run around the monuments.
Since I’m not really digging this new void in my running social life, I’ve decided to take new applicants for the position of “Jess’ Running Buddy.”
To qualify one must:
- Be able to run in the early evenings (like 5 p.m.)
- Have a flexible schedule
- Live in an ideal location to run around the monuments
- Be comfortable with either running in silence or having a conversation
- Be two parts listener, one part talker
- Be unafraid to speak your mind on any topic (whether it be politics or telling me I’m a crazy person)
- Be comfortable talking about the uncomfortable topics in life
- Be able to laugh at ridiculous stuff
- Be able to offer sound life advice
- Be someone fun to be around
- Not take yourself too seriously
I know it’s a lot to live up to. My running buddy is leaving some big shoes to fill.
No one will be a perfect fill in for him, but I do miss the social aspect of running with a friend. So DC friends, anyone want to schedule a run for the next few weeks? It helps motivate me to get out in the cold if I have a buddy to meet!